I spotted this little wellies hinged box in a Ballards catalog about 5 years ago. I've always loved the little hinged box look (limoges or limoges-type) and I got on the phone and ordered the wellies right away. Then here and there I'd spy a "box" that I just loved and I just kept adding to my collection. None of them are expensive, but each one represents a symbol, or a memory, etc. of something I love.(please excuse Lulu, who looks a little looped....she insisted on getting in the picture)....
Here are just a few more I've collected over the years:
Sling back beach chairs - the more colorful the better. I've always loved these and they remind me of family trips to Seaside and Destin, Florida. Same with the little beach pail with the cute crab on top.
The whale and lobster remind me of New England and are two of my favorite preppy "symbols."
The wood paneled wagoneer (middle) just reminds me of one of my all time favorite vehicles - the old Grand Wagoneers. I was so excited to find that one.The Easter basket with eggs is because I was born on Easter Sunday. Plus the basket has that Nantucket basket "look."
The diet coke is self explanatory!
The dilly bar reminds me of childhood treats at Dairy Queen.
The soda fountain drinks represent my love of old fashioned soda fountains/diners.
The Nantucket basket one (in the back) is self explanatory too - I got that one at The Christmas Tree Shop!
The London Big Ben one represents my love of England (I'm a total anglophile) and my year living in London.
And last but not least, my latest purchase was a Chris Craft boat (in the back) that I found in Tulsa last summer. I have wanted one of those old boats for years.
I have more I will post next week!
Ones I'm always searching for: an adirondack chair, a boat tote, white calla lillies (my favorite flower) a pug, duck shoes, and several others I can't remember at the moment. : )
What do you collect?
35 comments:
Does weight count?
I've got quite a collection of that going......
Love your preppy collection of boxes and admire your focus.
Love your collection of boxes. I collect trivets, teapots and barware that has brands on it. (My family is in the spirit business is the reason for the tacky barware)
What an adorable collection. I've pronounced myself to be anti-collection in years past, because I don't like clutter. However, it's occurred to me that I'm a collector of silk scarves and also of blue and white Danish Christmas plates.
I love your collection! I love the wellies, and Lulu! She is so cute. I don't really collect anything yet. I love raspberry herend and have just a few pieces, but not really a collection.
That's a good collection. When I was in college, I would collect shot glasses. I would like to move on to something else because that isn't a very classy collection now, is it? :)
dust bunnies.
Seriously, I collect Mackenzie-Childs, White,cream and glass accessories and some (very particular) bunnies(no evil red eyes,etc) & cute stationary.:)
my mother loves these little boxes when she first started collecting she insisted they be limoges now she is OK with them not being authentic... she collects trunks - like steamer trunks and suitcases. Love your preppy collection!
How did I know that you would love the old jeep wagoneers, too? I still want one--a cool friend at my old church had one back when my kids were little and I always coveted it.
How do you display your collection? I've collected over the years (my interest in each collection waxes and wanes): Halcyon Days boxes, scarves, perfume, Depression Glass (American Sweetheart) and apples (Limoges, Waterford, etc.). My apples collection has been packed up for years because I tired of dusting them; I've been looking for the perfect display cabinet for them ever since...
So cute! I love it!
I don't really collect anything, unless you count all the clothes I keep buying!
Love your preppy collection! I collect salt dishes and pewter kitchen items.
P.S. I had one of those old Waggoneers and it was one of my all time favorite cars. Hubby made me get rid of it because of mileage issues(sob)
mary anne
So cute - DH and I both collect books, and I also have a lot of autographed sports memorabilia from my dad (primarily basketball and football related).
I suppose I also collect Vera, although as they get used regularly it doesn't really feel like a "collection" in the same sense as your cute limoges.
PS - A blue jeep wagoneer with the woody panels would be my dream car. I know they're awful for the environment but I love the way they look.
I love Limoges boxes but I haven't quite started collecting them yet. I'm not one for clutter so I would need a serious place for display. They are so cute, they make me smile. I know a person who has over 100. I think it's a great thing to collect. Thanks for sharing.
I LOVE the old Woody Wagoneers. I watch Barefoot Contessa on Food Network, and I am obsessed with Ina's friend T.R.'s Wagoneer. Actually, I would be mildly obsessed with T.R. himself, because he is SO very hot, except I'm taken and he's not into the ladies. :( Your boxes are adorable. I want the whale!
I collect crowns and tiaras....not necessarily ones you'd wear on your head, but anything shaped like one. Yes, I have a bit of a Queen complex. (I'm too old for a Princess complex!)
Love your collection and Lulu too! I have a collection of Limoges, maybe 20 or more but I haven't purchased any new pieces in years.
melissa
I'll keep my eye out for you. I collect first edition children's books. It's fun and makes me feel intelligent :)
Ohhh such a great collection!!
You lived in London as well? I spent 5 years there and I miss it everyday. Even though I am Portuguese and lived in Portugal until I was 22, I always think of home as England!
Gee, what do I NOT collect?? Let us not count magazines, including vintage 1950s knitting magazines, or shells caught in all beaches I have been to, or pens from all hotels we have stayed in through the years, or antique prints of ferrets or places I have been to, hmm and let us also not count notebooks, pottery bought from the actual potters from our travels...
Really, I do not collect anything, I just retain things... ;-)
I collect keys and fleur de lis.
what a fun post! Love your collection ( as well as the mascot!)
Awesome collection!!
Such a cute collection!!! And Lulu is such a ham!!!!!!!!Thanks for sharing~what fun that was~ love the wellies & the little crab sitting in the pail of sand. My collections consist of MacKenzie-Childs, Margaret Furlong (angels and shell inspired pieces made with white porcelain~sounds weird but elegant) and white sea shells...ohhhh and all things preppy! :)
Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm so glad you found me...I'm loving your blog! So fun!
And miniature wellies...how cute is that??!
Have a great weekend! :)
cookbooks. and i have the first cookbook my grandmother ever bought plus her entire collection. i collect Junior League cookbooks as a niche collection.
Love your collection. So cute!
I was born on Easter too so it's a big thing with me!
As a kid I collected stamps. Now, as a Dad of three, as well as a novelist and photographer, I guess I collect USB drives to store all my stuff.
I had my first kiss in that car! My first boyfriend had it and I loved riding around in it.
I, too, would love a chris craft when I get a lake house. Someday, right?
Great collection. I collect children's books, aprons, tea & toast sets, and tons more I'm sure but I can't think.
Cheers! LA
great collection...where did you get a dilly bar!!!! i would die for that!!!
What a fun collection. Me. I collect hearts. I also have a collection of mugs that friends/family have bought me at airport gift shops .. the tackier the better.. then there are the 'tiles' .. sigh .. I am a pack rat
David sent me
What a lovely piost! Came over from David's authorblog.
I don't consciously collect things, but find I seem to hold onto a lot of what my family call "junk"! It's precious to me though for reasons similar to yours - memories.
Odd knick knacks are things from long gone grandparents (a pipe? - I never smoked a pipe- it was Grandad's) but I have a lot of fairies around, flowers, plants in the garden and bird ornaments. Also only one remaining odd teapot....
Yep. A hotchpotch.
Very fun collection. I love that they all have a memory attached. I have been collecting ironstone for awhile along with old matte white/ivory vases varying in size and shapes and my all time favorites shark teeth and sand dollars we find in Boca Grande every year! Those are fun to bring back to Santa Barbara. My girls love to show them off. xxoo Luann
I love your collection! What a clever idea! I want to start my own collection (besides purses of course) too now!
Post a Comment